Plein Air Curaçao Festival 2013
Art Foundation Curaçao organizes the next Plein Air Curaçao Festival from February 22nd till March 2nd, 2013 in Willemstad, the historical capital of Curaçao. Local and international painters and artist are invited to participate at this open air painting event.
The activities include:
– Open air painting by invited local and international artists and painters,
– an Underwater Painting workshop by Guinness World Record holder Alexander Belozor,
– Juried open Paint out Punda Competition,
– Activities for children in the Kiddie Corner (ages 4 to 13),
– Teen/Young adult Plein Air Workshop,
– a Painting by Moonlight Workshop.
In addition there will be music performances, culinary events, a vintage automobile parade and fundraising activities.
The festival will concentrate at the center of Willemstad, but other historical sites, beaches, private properties, the Rif Stadium, art galleries and the Maritime Museum will also be visited during the Capture Curaçao Contest.
On March 2nd several of the produced paintings will be auctioned during a final event at the Wilhelmina Park.
Willemstad, the historical capital of Curaçao is registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1997.
Plein Air Curaçao is organized by the Art Foundation Curaçao with support from Fundashon Bon Intenshon and the Curaçao Tourist Board (CTB).
More information on the festival and workshops can be found at www.pleinaircuracao.com.